Sunday, October 17, 2010

UNDER THE MARSHAL'S PROTECTION

Today we're welcoming Dominic Sullivan, the hero of Under the Marshal’s Protection by Kathleen Tailer released 10-12-10. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
Well even though my brothers became lawyers, I found myself pulled towards law enforcement, and have really found my niche working with my U.S. Marshal team. They are a very professional group, and the arrests we make truly impact the world around us. This last case had some incredibly far reaching consequences because of the drug counterfeiting ring. I mean, who doesn’t want to make sure that their medicine is safe? We had to succeed before more innocent people bought and depended upon counterfeit drugs thinking they were the real thing. Thankfully, God was with us and helped us put a stop to that ring – and at the same time showed us the leak that was working at the FBI who could have done even more damage in the future if he hadn’t been caught.

2. So, during the book you met Jessica Blake. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Were do I start? Jessica is amazing, and I was hooked the first time I saw her when she pointed that rifle at me on her front porch. When she got shot at the airport, I was terrified that I’d lost her before I had really gotten a chance to explore our relationship. Again, thanks to God, she is alive and well and we treasure each and every day together.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? Well, I’m pretty good with the rifle and have aced my last few qualifying exams on the shooting range. I’m also very good with the physical training and like to keep in shape. My greatest weakness is probably that I’m not good at telling other people my feelings. I learned my lesson though when Jessica got shot – so now even though it’s difficult for me, I make sure to tell her I love her every single day. In my line of work, anything can happen, and I don’t want to leave things unsaid between us.

4. What scares you?
The scariest thing to me is losing those loved ones I care about. I’ve already lost my dad and I think about him all the time. Maybe that’s another reason I became a cop – to help protect those I love.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I used to play practical jokes on everyone, and although I had a lot of fun, I know it took some people a long time to take me seriously.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I have to admit that I was struggling. I’ve had a head knowledge of God since I was a child, but I hadn’t applied it to much of my work before that drug counterfeiting case.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? God is amazing! He saved Jessica and I continue to see his hand in the little things that happen each and every day. I’m a new man in Christ and have drawn even closer to Him as Jessica and I have grown together in our faith.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. Jessica and I agreed that the scripture reminded us to “let go and let God.” We both had trust issues and were often anxious when things happened that were out of our control. We continue to work on these issues in our daily walk with Jesus.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Tough question. Let’s say a chocolate ice cream sundae with hot fudge topping, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry on top. If I’m gonna do it, I’m gonna go all out!


Thank you Kathleen for sharing Dominic with us. Can't wait to read this story!

No comments: