Saturday, November 17, 2007

Giving Thanks...

Today was the day that the local schools put together their annual food drive for the holidays. I love community activities and how easy it is to give back to someone in need. As Thanksgiving Day approaches here in the United States, I'm reminded about all that it stands for, not just in history but in my life.

Too many times we look for what is big in our lives and don't cherish the little miracles that count up to so much. It's easy to focus on one negative thing and have that negate a hundred other positive things. So my mission is to focus on the positive and enjoy the blessings that God gave me for which I am thankful.

One such blessing is going to the bookstore and seeing my book, Cradle of Secrets, for sale on the shelf. As I stood in the bookstore and signed copies of my book, one reader saw what I was doing and although she'd never read a Steeple Hill book, she came up to me and asked if I could sign a copy for her. She loved reading in the evening because her husband works nights and she wanted something special to read to keep her from missing him while he was gone. My book was it. I was flattered and signed a book for her. It was nice to see her face and know, that like her, a book represents a source of pleasure, relaxation and inspiration. And I love autographed books. They become my keepers.

For those of you who do not have a copy of Cradle of Secrets yet and would like a signed copy, I'll be doing a virtual signing right on this blog. Simply send $8.00 (cost of the book plus shipping) to LisaMondello@aol.com through Paypal along with your address and who you want the book signed to and I will get the book right out to you. Signed books are wonderful to give away as gifts to friends, to use as stocking stuffers or for a grab bag gift for your office party.

If you've already read Cradle of Secrets, drop me a line and let me know what you thought of the book. I've heard from so many wonderful readers who enjoyed the book and desperately wanted to know if there was a sequel. As I've said before, yes there is! Her Only Protector will be in stores August 2008!

I look forward to "seeing" you at the virtual signing. Many Blessings, Lisa

No comments: