Friday, November 23, 2007

Left Brain, Right Brain...

After having a wonderful time with my family over Thanksgiving, eating way too much turkey and pumpkin pie, I'm finding it difficult to get down to business. Yes, I know it will come. It always does. But the route getting back to work went by way of online shopping for Black Friday deals (I got a few bargains) and wasting a fair amount of time taking an online test to ascertain whether I am a left brain or right brain thinker. I've often heard other writer's talking about this and decided I'd check it out.

The results are in, I'm a right brain thinker. Okay, that's sort of anti-climactic except when you look at the full explanation of what a right brain thinker does. Right brain thinkers look at the whole picture. They start at the end and move backward to completion. Hmm, this reminds me of the fact that I am a puzzle writer. I look at the whole picture, piecing it together as I go. I never go in order. That drives me crazy. Right brain thinkers are usually creative and use music to stimulate their creativity. This could explain why I seem to make a sound track for all my books.

Yes, I know. I've probably had too much turkey and sweet potato casserole. My mom makes the best. If you're procrastinating like I was today and are finishing up your holiday shopping, you might want to do a google search on left brain/right brain tests. It's interesting.

Now, back to work for me. I wish you all a very restful holiday weekend! Many blessings, Lisa

No comments: