Friday, March 28, 2008

Contests...

Writing is a solitary profession. Writers spend hours upon hours alone at our computers crafting stories of romance and intrigue hoping to one day share our stories with others. Given the nature of writing, it's difficult to see how others perceive our work. Some things that help give validation to our writing is getting reader mail and doing well in a writing contest.

This week Pamela Tracy finaled in the Romance Writer's of America's RITA Contest with her book Pursuit of Justice. I remember when Pam was writing this book many years ago. I'd read the first 3 chapters and she asked if I wanted to read the rest. I said I did...when it was published. See, I knew it would be published I loved the story, loved the characters and knew it would be a book I couldn't put down. I wanted to read it like I do all my favorite books, curled up on my living room chair under a blanket, reading until the wee hours of the morning. When Pursuit of Justice came out, I know I was the first in line at my local Walmart to pull it off the shelf and buy it. It was as enjoyable as I knew it would be and I'm not surprised that it finaled in the RITAs. I'm thrilled for Pam that it did.

I have a bit of news of my own. Cradle of Secrets is a finalist in the Inspirational Category of the Colorado Award of Excellence contest. I'm in good company as Margaret Daley's book Once Upon A Family also finaled in the Award of Excellence contest.

Congratulations to both Pam and Margaret and all the other Rita Finalists!
Until next time, many blessings to you all, Lisa Mondello

No comments: