Monday, March 17, 2008

What A Week!

Last week was Spring Break for me: a time to relax, get things done, and write. Not sure I did 'enough' of any of my three categories. Let's see. I did relax on Thursday night, Friday, and all of Saturday. Why? Well, I had surgury on Thursday morning. Make that, I almost had surgury on Thursday morning. During an out-patient 45 minute surgury, I had a reaction to a medication twenty minutes in and wound up spending between four and five hours in the emergency room getting introduced to morphine (No more pain, and hey, I can fly) and getting a cat scan (research for next book?). Needless to say, I slept a lot for the next few days. As for getting things done. Let's see. I did go to work on Monday to catch up. Didn't quite catch up. Brought work home and finished it last night at about 10 p.m. I would have finished it about five, but spent the evening in the emergency room with my son because - being three - he swallowed something he shouldn't. I did tally my writing for last week. A page and a half. But, since I'm not on contract, writing was not a priority.

There were some positives last week. I had two full days, just me and Mikey. We went and visited my aunt, we went for walks, we played. I'm always amazed that I can fill a day with three-year-old adventures. I read the biography of Gunther Gebel-Williams. My next book has an animal trainer in it so I'm really hitting the research.

The Fab Four, those Craftie Ladies who had LIS's out this month, did a contest, and I'm thrilled thrilled thrilled with the response. We'll be posting the winner either today or tomorrow.

Speaking of which, I hear the three year old talking to himself :) It's the best sound in the world.


Pamela J said...

I can identify with a big week. I got to spend some time with our grandchildren a couple weeks ago, but in North Carolina. Our younger granddaughter, age 6, was having her tonsils out and 'grandma' wanted - - needed to be there. I didn't get to stay for our one-year old grandson's tubes being put in his ears just the next week, but came home and got so sick I couldn't hardly hold my head up. Glad the sick is over, but what a blessing to have spent the time with the grandchildren (and of course, their folks too).
cepjwms at yahoo dot com

Lucie B. said...

WOW! Scary week, you poor thing! And then your 3-year-old swallowing something and rushed to the E.R. Man, what we go through as mothers. I remember my daughter being 3 years old and swallowing a dime! The doctors had me look through her bowel movement each time she used the bathroom. Sure enough it came out, lucky for me the very first time she had a bowel movement. (Sorry I know that's kinda yucky!!)

Thanks for sharing your week...that's definetely a sort of therapy...sharing that is.


PamelaTracy said...

Mikey repeatedly asked for Pop Pop (Grandpa). Wouldn't you know it, Pop Pop is on vacation with Grandma! Pop Pop now is responsible for bringing back a present. So, Lucie, did you keep the dime? LOL

Debby Giusti said...

Sorry you had such a rough week! Hope you're feeling better today. Thanks for working so hard to keep our blogspot up and running! Love seeing the Fab Four in my favorite bookstores this month.
All the best!