Saturday, May 3, 2008

Counting down

I'm counting down to the end of school. I'm subbing in a classroom while the special ed teacher is on maternity leave. I'm eager to get back to writing full time. I got used to it the three months I was retired. I hate wishing my life away, but I'll be glad when May 23rd arrives. Have you ever counted down to an event?

In a suspense I've used that technique to up the suspense in the book. Not that waiting for school to be over is really suspenseful. One of the most suspense movies was D.O.A. where the man had a day to solve his own poisoning before he died. Now talk about a countdown. What books or movies have you seen where there was an exciting, suspenseful countdown to an event?

Oh, and I almost forgot. Buried Secrets (October 2007 Love Inspired Suspense) and Vanished (May 2007 LIS) were finalists in the Golden Quill Contest.

Take care,
Margaret

No comments: