Thursday, May 1, 2008

Playing Tag

So Margaret tagged me...I usually love these kind of things, so here goes...
Tagging Rules:

a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

My Six Random Things:
  1. I was part of the first generation of home-schoolers in Nebraska.
  2. My love for politics and the law grew in part out of several trips to the Unicameral in Lincoln to defend the right to homeschool. Watching the attorneys in action caught my attention and imagination in a way that stuck.
  3. My earliest involvement in politics was the Reagan-Bush campaign in 1980. I was all of six, but my mom took a picture of me and my siblings at the time standing around a yard sign. Some interests begin young!
  4. I started college at sixteen -- I've always been an over-achiever I guess. But I LOVED the environment and challenge of college. That's probably why I enjoy teaching so much now.
  5. My first book (written as a teenager) was about the Lost Colony of Roanoke. The true-life mystery of what happened to that group of people captured my imagination and wouldn't let go. I still think it would be a great book, but you want to talk about outside any kind of brand I'm trying to build!
  6. I love Runzas, a Nebraska delicacy. If you've ever had one then you understand what I mean. My mouth is watering as I type this! Yummy!!!
The people I am tagging:
  1. Colleen Coble at Girls Write Out and if the other girls want to play, that would be even more fun!
  2. Sabrina Fox, friend extraordinaire who blogs at Hijinks from the Heartland
  3. Crystal Miller, another Indiana friend who blogs at the Chat N Chew Cafe and When I Was Just a Kid (great site for author interviews).
  4. Pam Meyers, an ACFW Board buddy
  5. Robin Caroll, who has a great Love Inspired Suspense coming in May and another in June.
  6. And my sister Janna Ryan, over at the Cornhusker Academy.

3 comments:

Debby Giusti said...

Cara, loved reading your 6 very interesting facts! Now do tell, what's a Runza?

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Cara, when I saw your tag comments were posted for Friday, I thought I'd lost a day! :)

Margaret Daley said...

I love reading everyone's random facts about them.

Margaret