Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer Reading...

Schools across America are closing for the summer over the next few weeks. My kids came home with their summer reading list and it got me thinking about what books I want on my summer reading list. I always have a huge TBR (to-be-read) pile of books so I always fight with myself about buying new books. But summertime is a great time to stock up.

Years ago I used to love taking books on vacation with me. When I traveled, I had a couple of books in my overnight bag to keep me company during down time. I usually ended up buying more. This year I have a bunch of books on my list.

Aside from checking out a few of the new Love Inspired Historicals and some of my favorite LIS authors, I'd love to pick up another Karen Kingsbury book and maybe another Dee Henderson. I've been meaning to try a book by Loraine Snelling. (Can you believe I've never read one by her?) I had the opportunity to meet her last year and she was such a hoot!

What's on your summer reading list this summer? Drop me a post and let me know. I could always use a few more books on my list to keep me company.

Until next time, many blessings to you. Lisa Mondello

8 comments:

Jana said...

I've got a whole pile of LI Suspense titles to catch up on - but I'm having surgery at the end of June, so I'll have some recovery-time reading material!

Lisa Mondello said...

Jana, I hope your surgery goes well. Take care and let me know if you read any books that are keepers! Lisa

Pamela Tracy said...

I want to read 'Water for Elephants' and 'The Pilot's Wife'. I"ve had those both for months (okay, TPW I've had for years). I need to read the last two LIS reunion series books. And, I've stumbled upon a new paranormal author - Lindsey Sands -who is great with characterization. Another goal is to read the books by the other RITA finalists. Of course, that might make me cry and wonder how my book got there. LOL.

Ausjenny said...

Oh i wish it was summer but alas we are going into winter in australia but I still have a big tbr pile. For summer (december) I love reading christmas novels.
but at the moment Im looking forward to Mary Connealy"s Calico Canyon, Sisterchicks go to Briton,
plus some of the heartsong cozy Mystery books along with some LI ones a friend just sent me.
I really want to read the gilbert morris books i have on my shelf also.

Lisa Mondello said...

Jenny, I am so with you!! I love Christmas stories. And it doesn't matter what time of the year it is. I just love reading them. I wrote one Christmas story years ago. I can't wait to write another on. If you find a good one, let me know!
Lisa

Ausjenny said...

Will do Lisa. I ordered alot from christianbook last year but they took so long to arrive it was late January. (international shipping and christmas holidays) so i have alot to read this year.
I love the novellas and other stories only one novella i haven't enjoyed so far.

Carol M said...

I have so many books that I want to read this summer. Phantom by Lindsay Randall is on top of my TBR pile and I also want to read Lily Dale: Awakening by Wendy Corsi Staub.

Karen B said...

Just finished Antiques to Die Fot (Jane Cleland), Nightshade (Susan Albert), Knee High by the 4th of July (Jess Lourey) and There Goes the Bride (Lori Wilde.)

The Angel (Carla Neggers) is next on my list.