I have been tagged. Stormi tagged me at http://writesthoughts.blogspot.com/. I have to tell you 7 random things about me concerning books, then tag some people. First, I am to post the rules. Here they are.
Now on to the good stuff.
1. I love to read books and have practically no time to read. My TBR pile could fill a room because I keep buying books even though I don't have time. Actually I could open a small library with them and I gave away 500 books last summer!
2. I am reading for research right now such titles as: Germ, Just the Facts, Ma'am, Strictly Murder, Biohazard, and Deadly Doses. Now you see why I don't have time to read for pleasure.
3. When I totally retire my second job (teaching--I'm subbing right now long term), I plan to read one book for pleasure and one for research.
4. My favorite books to read are a mix of suspense and adventure. I love James Rollins, especially his earlier ones. Amazonia is one of my all time favorite reads.
5. I'm not a huge fan of literary books. I won't read "Oprah" type books. Hold it--I think I have to take that back because I read Night and taught it to my students. It was excellent.
6. When I read for pleasure, I want to be entertained. I want to put the book down and feel uplifted--hence the reason I don't read books with "bad" endings. I could watch the news and get that. I want to see hope in the story and have fun--figuring out who did it or something like that. That's probably the reason I write Love Inspired Suspense. You can get a good suspense with the message of hope.
7. I'm so sorry to hear that Michael Crichton died this week. I loved reading a lot of his books. Jurassic Park is one of my all time favorite reads.
Now I've tagged Cara, Debby, Pamela, Hope and Anita Mae.