Today we're welcoming, Julie Ann Jones the heroine of NO ALIBI, a Love Inspired Suspense by Valerie Hansen for June 2009. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
Hey, it wasn’t my fault. I was just minding my own business, literally my beauty salon, when I got a summons for jury duty. After that, my whole life was turned upside down – in more ways than one.
2. So, during the book you met Smith Barnett. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
I was in love with Smith from the time he escorted me to my senior prom, ten years ago, but don’t you dare tell him that. How was I to know that such a handsome Marine was just doing my brother a favor by taking me out? I made such a fool of myself over Smith back then, I was surprised when he started coming to my shop to get his hair cut after he left the service.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
Have you been talking to Smith? He says I’m headstrong but he’s wrong. I’m just sure of myself. I learned the hard way to stand on my own two feet and I don’t need anybody telling me what to do or not do. I’m coping fine, thank you. Well, except maybe for the fact that somebody keeps trying to kill me. That’s a bit much.
4. What scares you?
Falling for Smith and showing my emotions scares me more than anything. That, and being wrong. Not that I ever am, you understand. I simply have a strong sense of fairness and will always try to do the right thing.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Change? Why? I mean, I could use stronger faith. Who couldn’t? But if the Lord wants me to be different He’s going to have to show me how because I’m very resistant to any changes.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
It’s a good thing I’m strong in faith or I’d never have made it through this “trial.” Pun intended.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
Try flabbergasted. I never will understand why God puts us through such serious stuff just to make a point. Okay, so maybe I don’t listen to divine guidance otherwise, but I plan to do better from now on.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Psalms 56:3-4 says, “When I am afraid I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.”
I think that’s great advice for anyone at any time. After all, we’re not guaranteed another day, another breath, another heartbeat. If we weren’t trusting God to bring us through, what would we have left?
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Anything chocolate. I want to be loved and everybody loves chocolate, right? :-)
Thank you so much Valerie for sharing Julie with us today. This sounds very exciting.