Today we're welcoming Leah Farley, the heroine of Her Last Chance: Book six of the Without A Trace continuity series, by Terri Reed . Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
Well, it’s hard to say how it all came about. I awoke one stormy day in a ditch with no memory of how I got there or who I was. Then a bounty hunter showed claiming I was Leah Farley and telling me I was a wanted for murder. Next thing we know someone’s shooting as us, trying to kill me.
2. So, during the book you met Roman Black. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
Roman was very intimidating at first. Especially when he thought I was a murderer but then he stunned me by deciding to protect until he knew who wanted me dead. I think in that moment I knew he was a special man, but it took awhile for me to trust my heart.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
My greatest strength is my faith. Even though I couldn’t remember who I was or my life before, I had a deep faith.I can only guess bad judgment was my greatest weakness before I lost my memory. Now my greatest weakness is impatience with myself and my memory loss.
4. What scares you?
The thought of losing my daughter. Again.And the thought of what Roman will do when he finds the man responsible for his mother’s death.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?I’d like to have my memory back fully.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
As I said, I awoke with my faith intact. I don’t know how or why, but I know God lives in my heart and I trust him.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
Stronger though I have to try to stop asking why this happened to me.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.
This verse gives me strength. I know that God is at work in my life even though I can’t see it or it doesn’t feel like it. He has given me and everyone this promise. I cling to that.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?Strawberry/rhubarb pie. A little sweet, a little tart and always delicious.
I hope everyone will enjoy the conclusion to the Without a Trace series.