Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A SUMMER TRIP by Linda Hall


Those of you who read my work, know that I love the ocean - and everything that has to do with boats. I've always been fascinated with boats. Right now my husband and I are on an extended sailing trip with our used but new-to-us sailboat that we have aptly named Mystery. (Hmm. I wonder who had something to do with that!) We bought her in Annapolis, Maryland and for the past two weeks have been sailing her home to Canada. As I write this we are swinging on a mooring in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. If you are interested in following our 'grand adventure' here is our 'boat blog.' My husband has been mostly doing the boat blog, as I try to scrape minutes every day to write!

Boat blog:http://www.sailblogs.com/member/ic34_mystery/

The picture is us sailing beside the Statue of Liberty. There is just something so cool about sailing your own boat around New York City,

3 comments:

Pamela Tracy said...

Sounds like you're having lots of fun. I've never been on a boat for more than a few hours. We have a canoe - we've used it once.

Debby Giusti said...

The trip sounds exciting. Hope you'll have it in the next book!

Happy sailing!

Edna said...

sounds like fun but I am so afraid of water, will get in a boad but have to be close to land and don't want another boat come flying by and leaving waves. I am just a big old baby, 66 years old and big. LOL

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net