Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Covert Pursuit Interview


Today we're welcoming Angie Carlucci, the heroine of Covert Pursuit, a May 2010 release by Terri Reed.

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
Believe me I wasn’t looking for any suspense or adventure when I went to my aunt’s cottage on Loribel Island off the gulf of Florida. I was on a forced vacation from my job as a Boston Homicide Detective and was supposed to be relaxing, but I don’t do relaxed well, so when I saw a body bag being dumped into the ocean from a boat, I couldn’t ignore it. I had to act. Things sort of snowballed from there.

2. So, during the book you met Jason Bodwell . Tell us a bit about him.
What was your first impression? I first thought he was a laid back boat captain with too much time on his hands and too much curiosity for his own good. Little did I know exactly who and what he was.
When did you know it was love? You know I can’t remember the exact moment, maybe the first or second time he saved my life, or when I saved his. Or maybe it was when I realized how wounded his soul was or how generous and caring he could be.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? I’m good at my job and tenacious. What is your greatest weakness? Well, as I said I’m tenacious. That’s probably one of my biggest weaknesses, that and the need to prove myself.

4. What scares you? Emotionally I’d say losing the people I love. Physically...not much, well, except maybe the alligator that nearly had me for lunch. That was pretty scary.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Hmmm. Not sure. I know my parents wanted me to be more girly, but I was always wanted to be like my two brothers. That’s why I followed the men in my family into law enforcement.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I have a pretty strong faith, at least I thought it was but it was surely tested during this adventure.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Stronger. I have more clarity about God and His goodness.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Zechariah 13:9
This verse speaks to the relationship between God and His people. I love that God knows each one of our names and recognizes our voice, and we can hear and recognize his voice.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? I’d be a banana split with strawberry, chocolate and vanilla topped with whipped cream, nuts and drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauces. Because I’m multifaceted and so is this dessert.

No comments: