Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fatal Secrets Interview


Today we're welcoming Kristin Perry, the heroine of Fatal Secrets, Barbara Phinney, May 2010.

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

Well, I don’t know if one could call it an adventure. After all, I had just lost both my parents and was still reeling from that when I found out I was adopted. So that was really what started my search for my birth mother.

2. So, during the book you met Zane Black. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

Time wise, I guess it wasn’t long. In days, that is, but in what happened during that time, I feel it took ages. I mean, I’d hired Zane to help me find my mother, and he was rather reluctant to help me, and that just made me try harder to convince him, and find my mother myself. But as we began to work together, we began to really care about each other. With all that was going on, with all the attempts on my life, we didn’t have much time to think on how we were beginning to care for each other.

2. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

Hey, I’m just a university student. I’m still figuring out my skills. But I can learn quickly. I think my strength is my determination to prove myself. It’s also my weakness. I refuse to let go of something important to me.

3. What scares you?

Being alone. I mean, I was always with my parents. They were always there for me, and suddenly, they’re gone. Going on alone really scares me.

4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Being so naïve. I want to be able to figure people out faster. I guess that will come in time.
5. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

It’s always been strong. I was really blessed with a great family, who loved God. But when I met Zane, and he threw questions about God at me, I was shocked. I didn’t know how to answer them. But I know that all I can do is explain about myself, and my actions should speak louder than my words.

6. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

I was stronger, in faith, in self confidence, everything. And I had a fiancé who had accepted my Lord as his Lord. But we’re both still learning.

7. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

It’s “With God, we will gain the victory, and we will trample down our enemies.” It just gives me strength. It’s saying that with God all things are possible. I don’t feel so scared now.

8. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

Oh, you’ve got my weakness! I love to eat, and I eat when I’m stressed. I’m not one of those who can’t eat when they are nervous. Give me a decent dessert when times are tough! As for one in particular, I love cinnamon buns, and I love pies. My newly found mother bakes up a storm, too, so I can’t see my turning my nose up to food anytime soon!

Thank you Barbara for sharing Kristin with us today. Can't wait to read this book!

No comments: