Thursday, May 27, 2010

God's Faithfulness


I've been thinking about God's faithfulness lately.

You see, our church is in the middle of a series of miracles as we prepare to move to a new site in the next 18 months. Not something we sought -- but a highway coming through the sanctuary kind of makes it necessary.

It means we're in the middle of a building campaign and are being challenged as a congregation to dig deep as God moves us.

As a result, I've been thinking about the many times in my life God has been faithful to meet needs in big ways.

One I've ruminated on is college. Seven years of higher education is expensive. Crazily so for most people. But through a series of good choices and God's amazing intervention I was blessed to graduate without debt. That's given Eric and me such freedom. The freedom to make my children a priority. The freedom to invest in them through homeschooling. The freedom to respond to needs when God places them in front of us.

And my writing journey has been another. He has opened doors in His timing that I could have pushed on for a long time and never forced open.

How has God shown you His faithfulness? And if you wonder...if you have a hard time seeing His hand and His faithfulness...remember the words of the Psalmist in Psalm 100:
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments: