Sunday, May 16, 2010

Secret Agent Father Interview


Today we're welcoming Shelby Jacobson, the heroine of Secret Agent Father by Laura Scott.

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I was surprised myself, since I usually stay out of the limelight, and my day job is not at all dangerous as I run a Christian Day Care Center called Little Lambs. One minute I was taking care of my children the next I’m on the run with my nephew, Cody.

2. So, during the book you met undercover DEA agent Alex McCade. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? My first impression was relief, because I knew as Cody’s father Alex would do whatever necessary to keep us safe. But I didn’t know it was love until he accepted God and put his life on the line for me.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I think I’m a very good mother and teacher, but I was not good at being on the run, that was very hard. My biggest weakness is trust, it’s hard for me to trust men.

4. What scares you? Being alone with a man was always frightening, but with Alex, I never really had that fear.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I think I’d be more confident in my abilities right from the beginning. At first I was afraid, but as I gave myself over to God’s love and care, I became more self confident.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I always had a lot of faith, but needed to learn how to let go of the past.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? By the end of my adventure, I fully accepted God’s love and support, completely letting go of my fear.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. The scripture at the beginning of the story is all about conquering fear. And that’s exactly what I had to learn as I went through this adventure.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

Gosh, I think I’d be an apple turnover because that’s what my mom used to make for us and just the smell of apple turnovers makes me think of home and family. Which is what I have now with Alex and Cody.

Thank you Laura for sharing Shelby with us. Can't wait to read this exciting story!

No comments: