Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goals?

2011 is rapidly approaching. Yikes!

And with the new year comes the challenge to make goals. All the experts say if you want to make change, you need to have goals. Definable, attainable goals. Then you have to communicate them so you have accountability.

So in that vein...what are your goals?

You want to write a book? Great! What is your plan to accomplish that? Do you have a daily word count? Monthly word count? Germ of an idea?

You want to be a better spouse or parent? Excellent! How will you tackle that? Read books? Take classes? Change your approach?

For me: I want to get back in shape. Now that Daniel is 4 weeks old, I'm ready to start exercising again. In January, I have two proposals to write while I wait to hear on projects that are being considered. Then it's time to start writing the book due in August. I also have parenting books to read. With a tween, I realized it was time to start focusing on preparing her for those teen years. I've already read How to Keep the Little in Your Girl by Dannah Gresh -- fantastic book!

So what are your goals??

No comments: