Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Joy!


Terri Reed here, I wanted to share with you a scripture from Ecclesiastes. Now I've read this book before several times and I've really liked chapter 3, you know the part about there being a season for everything. The movie Footloose used this passage, which I thought was interesting. There are songs that recite this passage. Its a good passage.
But I didn't stop there, I kept reading. So as I was reached the end of chapter 5 , the last few verses really spoke to me. I felt like God revealed something new to me.
v 18-20 This, then, is my conclusion: the right happiness for man is to eat and drink and be content with all the work he has to do under the sun, during the few days God has given him to live, since this is the lot assigned him. And whenever God gives a man riches or property, with the ability to enjoy them and to find contentment in his work, this is a gift from God. He will have no need to brood at least, over the duration of his life so long as God keeps his heart occupied with joy. (New Jerusalem version)


Did you catch the last phrase? That has become my prayer. That God would occupy my heart with JOY. For if I have a heart full of joy, there's no room for anything else. Isn't that amazing!

So I prayer that for you, dear reader, may God occupy your heart with JOY during this season as we celebrate the birth, the life, of our Savior.

1 comment:

Susan Sleeman said...

Thanks for sharing this, Teri. What a wonderful thing to strive for.