Today we're welcoming Daniel Book Riley, the hero of Trail of Lies by Margaret Daley a April 2011 release.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
2. So, during the book you met Melora Hudson. Tell us a bit about him/her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
I came to interview Melora about her husband's murder. When I arrived at her house, she was fighting off a man who had broken into her place. She didn't want to say much to me which sent up a red flag. I wondered how much she knew about her husband's illegal activities.
Melora is an amazing woman. She is tough and has a lot of courage. She was determined to protect her daughter at all costs. When she told me what was going on--the threats against her and her daughter, I started falling in love with her. She didn't give her trust easily and she had to me.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I am strong physically and mentally but my dedication to my job has led to some problems with my teenage son. I have messed up that relationship.
4. What scares you?
Losing my son's love.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To be less driven.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
My faith has been what has kept me going.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
It has grown even stronger. Through all the danger involving Melora, my faith is what held me together.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7
The only way I can make it is to give the Lord my worries. I see so much evil in my job, I have to turn my concerns over to Him to survive.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Apple pie--the American dessert. My country is important to me. Keeping people safe has been what I've dedicated my life to.