Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas is coming fast!

Posted by: Terri Reed
Currently working on: My December 2009 release titled (for now) Chasing Shadows
Mood: fair, I have a sore throat compliments of my son who had a sore throat earlier in the week.

By now you should have your travel plans made and confirmed for the Holiday. We were going to head to Seattle but alas, I'll be having surgery on the 23rd with atleast one overnight stay possibly two.
So because I have to be completely ready for Christmas by the 22nd, I've started making lists. Lists of presents bought and yet to be bought, lists of food items for the big day as well as the weeks (yes, weeks) after and lists of who to call when I'm out of surgery (or atleast for my husband to call).
Thankfully, though I do alot of my gift shopping throughout the year as I find something that I think would be liked and appreciated. My kids are the hardest to find things for. They're at the ages where everything they want is very expensive or they just want gift cards so they can pick out their own items. Not much fun in that. But I have a few ideas up my sleeve. If I can find them. My huband's also difficult to buy for except this year the kids and I found the perfect thing.
So really I'm feeling pretty prepared but I know the time will go by fast and I will need to power through as much of this current book as possible before the 23rd. But thankfully the book isn't due until March.
Lists are good things. They keep me focused and on track when I can so easily be distracted by, say a sale rack and oh, if I see a clearance rack, I'm done for.
Anyone else make lists and find them helpful?

3 comments:

EllenToo said...

My best wishes for a quick recovery from your surgery. Hope it is not serious. I make list but seldom stick with them. Yes, I get what's on them but I can't seem to stick with only that; I always end up with something else as well.

Terri Reed said...

Hi, Ellen,
I too end up with more than what's on my lists. Usually sale items. Or junk food.
Thank you for the best wishes on the upcoming surgery.

traveler said...

I have always made lists and still do. I think that they are the best method of staying organized. Stay well and best wishes.