Monday, December 1, 2008
Twenty-Five Days Until Christmas: Twenty-five Things to Do!
You know, I'm really happy about how the cards landed. I mean, I get to post on December first. I love Christmas! Yesterday was busy, busy, busy. My husband, a plumber, worked over the Thanksgiving holiday. Go figure, holidays are a busy time for plumbers because businesses shut down, employees have the long weekend, and what better time to turn off the water. This left me alone with my three year old. I didn't get a good start on Christmas, but I did get a pinkie-hold.
I figure I have at least twenty-five more things to do!
1. Set up the tree (It's fake. I've never had a real one. Think cats.)
2. Put the knick-knacks around the house (Memo to self: time to get rid of some)
3. Write my Christmas letter (My favorite thing! God has truly blessed me)
4. Mail the cards (There's usually more than a 100)
5. Buy gifts (I buy gifts all year round. About a week before Christmas, I unload the gift closet and I get out my Christmas list. I make little name cards and make a spot around the house for everyone. This is how I find out if I bought too much for one relative or not enough for another relative. My husband shops on Christmas Eve.)
6. Wrap gifts (hubby does paper - he even measures when he cuts! Me, I'm a big believer in decorated bags)
7. Mail gifts (This is no fun. You can't just drop the gifts in a bag and black marker a name. I'm usually running late on this)
8. Clean house (We're having a kiddie party next Saturday for Mikey's Bible Hour class)
9. Call CWOW members who haven't responded to Christmas invite (CWOW stands for Christian Writers of the West. It's the local ACFW group. We're having our first Christmas party and a few members don't comprehend the meaning of RSVP)
10. Make chips and dip for above party.
11. Make green bean casserole for RWA party (Somebody - think best friend Cathy McDavid - grabbed the chips and dip card before I did!)
12. Buy the book the Polar Express (We're actually going to ride it on the 19th)
13. Book a hotel near Williams, Arizona, for the 19th (I would have done this already but Don says we have to stay at a hotel where he can earn points. I don't know which hotel to book.)
14. Attend church group party (There might be singing around the piano. What fun!)
15. Critique group party (My amazing critique group - Cathy McDavid, Connie Flynn, and Libby Banks - usually has dinner at an Olive Garden. I found the perfect presents this year. I really must drop those presents in a gift bag soon.)
16. Attend Mikey's pre-school Christmas presentation.
17. Make sure I have babysitters for all adult events.
18. Take Mikey to get picture with Santa Clause (I'll probably do this at Sears.)
19. Finish grading finals at work, clean office, lock office door.
20. Still need to write five pages a day on Fugitive Hearts, due January 15th.21. Urge husband to decorate outside.
22. Urge husband to drive two hours to take whole family to the snow.
23. Take Mikey to Chaz's birthday party.
24. Settle back and enjoy the season.
25. Thank God every day for more than twenty-five blessings.
Posted by Pamela Tracy at 8:17 AM