Tuesday, December 9, 2008

DEADLY HOMECOMING INTERVIEW

Today, we’re welcoming Peta Donald, the heroine of Deadly Homecoming by Barbara Phinney a December 2008 release. Wow, you’ve had quite an adventure!

1.Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I really didn’t want to be in the middle of this story. In fact, I didn’t want to come home at all. But my old friend, Danny, wanted me to come home and I thought it was God’s way of offering me a chance to minister to him. But as soon as I got there, I found him dead, and myself accused of the murder. And everyone on the island remembered the way I was, and assumed I’d kill my friend.

2.So, during the book you met Lawson Mills. Tell us about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

I thought that Lawson Mills was just too mysterious. He seemed to be a little too kind to me. But then, he seemed to be interested in something else, especially about Danny. But I think I knew I was in love with him only toward the end of the story. I watched him face his greatest fear and I knew I couldn’t let him do it alone, so I had to set aside my own fears. It wasn’t hard but I love Lawson, and needed to do it.

3.What strength/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

Let me tell you my weakness first. I knew it even before Danny called me. I didn’t want to face my hometown, and was ashamed of what I’d done years ago. It ended up weakening me. And yet, my strength was my faith. I knew that I’d been forgiven by the Lord. It just took me a while to figure it out. I also have to add that because I was in trouble with the law so much, I’d developed a tough skin when dealing with police matters.

4.What scares you?

I’m most terrified that my antics from years ago would hurt a person.

5.If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Oh, that’s easy. My past. Some people say they wouldn’t change a thing, but honestly, my youth was bad! I’d be crazy not to want that.

6.Where was your faith at the start of your story?

I think my faith was strong, just a bit confused. I couldn’t forgive myself and I didn’t realize that God could, so I should.

7.Where was your faith at the end of the story?

I was so much more comfortable with myself. I wish I hadn’t done all the bad things I did, but was able to accept them all now, because my faith is clear and I understand Grace better.

8.You’ve got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant?

“Bless those who persecute you. Bless and do not curse.” The Apostle Paul knew that people like me would struggle with people who accuse a person based on their pasts. The islanders did that. They assumed the worst about me and let me know. That scripture reminds me that I shouldn’t get back.

9.If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

I haven’t thought of dessert for so long, I can’t remember when. I think it would be fruit salad, with cream. Something with tropical fruit in it. Papaya and guava. I used to buy them occasionally in Toronto.

Thank you, Barbara for sharing Peta with us. This sounds like an exciting Holiday read. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Mystery and Mayhem said...

Terri,
Thank you! I do want to add that the back cover blurb is just not quite right. The book was edited after the blurb was written! But I hope everyone enjoys it just the same!
Barbara

Terri Reed said...

Too funny. How often does that happen? Probably more than we'd care for. The cover of my December release has the heroine a blonde and the hero brunette when in the story they're the opposite. My husband groused about that when he read the book.
I'm sure those who pick up the book will be entralled regardless of the back cover copy.

Merry said...

It's amazing how our past can hang on. I'm so glad God gives us new life and strength to go on. Deadly Homecoming sounds great, thanks for a peek!