Tuesday, December 2, 2008

DOUBLE THREAT CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW

Today we're welcoming MEGAN MCCLAIN from DOUBLE THREAT CHRISTMAS, released December 2008 by TERRI REED. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I grew up smothered by love and affection from my three brothers, my mother and the majority of the Boston Police Department. My fahter was a BPD officer killed in the line of duty when I was a child. The trauma from his death affected all of us in different ways. I’m slowly learning to cope with how it affected me but it’s been a long struggle.
So when I found two dead men in the gallery one snowy night, I thought for sure I wouldn’t have the strength to cope any longer.

2. So, during the book you met PAUL WALLACE. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

Paul was the homicide detective assigned to investigate the double murders in the gallery. Tall, blond and handsome. Certainly every girls dream, at least he made my heart flutter, but when he looked at me with suspicion in his eyes, I knew he thought I was capable of the crime. As hard as I knew it would be I wanted to prove my innocence to him. Though why I cared what he thought was a mystery until I thought I was going to die and then I realized that I loved him. Knowing I wouldn’t get a chance to tell him how I felt was nearly as horrific as facing death.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
Well, I’m observant and orderly to the point of obsession. Sometimes my need for control pushes people away.

4. What scares you?
People finding out my secret. If people knew the real me, they wouldn’t want to be around me.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I’d be braver. Though Paul tells me all the time I’m brave, but I don’t feel brave.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

I believe but question God and His love for me.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

Through Paul I’ve come to understand that God made me the way I am and of course He loves me. Knowing that has given me a peace I didn’t realize I lacked.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

Every good thing bestowed and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation, or shifting shadows. James 1:17

This verse is such a good reminder that everything good in life comes from God and He is faithful and trustworthy.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

Oh, my. Anything chocolate. But if I had to choose, I’d say Mississippi Mud Pie because it’s layered with chocolate brownie and marshmallow and more creamy chocolate on top. Gooey and yummy.

DOUBLE THREAT CHRISTMAS IS ON SALE NOW IN A STORE NEAR YOU
OR YOU CAN ORDER ONLINE AT www.eharlequin.com click on the Steeple Hill tab then click on Love Inspired Suspense

5 comments:

apple blossom said...

You know my family was talking about Mississippi Mud Cake here a few nights ago. None have ever had it I'm depriving them. Guess I better make it for them. Thanks for the interview. Interesting.

ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Terri!

I really enjoy this blog format of interviewing a character from your current release. It shows how deeply you dig into your characters.

And Mississippi Mud Pie--if you have that for breakfast, will you be happy all day? Yum!

Terri Reed said...

Abi, yes you should definetly make this dessert. Your family will thank you.
Genene, having Mississippi Mud Pie for breakfast would surely booster me through the day. Hmmm. I may have make it for Christmas.

EllenToo said...

Finding two dead bodies in the gallery would be enough to scare anyone and make them wonder how to cope with the horror.
Mississippi Mud Pie - yummy

Terri Reed said...

Very true, Ellen. Megan was a fun character to write. I tried to give this book a Law and Order feel.