Tuesday, December 16, 2008

SEASON OF GLORY INTERVIEW

Today we're welcoming SHARON PICKARD the heroine of SEASON OF GLORY, by RON AND JANET BENREY, DECEMBER, 2008. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.


Sharon speaking. This is truly a case of 'no good deed goes unpunished'. I was helping my good friend, Emma Neilson, owner of The Scottish Captian, host an event called “First Annual Christmas in Carolina Getaway.” The Scottish Captain is a bed and breakfast that Emma runs by herself. I normally like my Christmases to be quiet affairs with no fuss, but when Emma asked for my help, I felt I couldn't say no.


2. So, during the book you met ANDREW BALLANTINE. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

What a way to meet a guy – when he's choking on food I helped to prepare. Hardly a way to win a man's heart is it? Emma had insisted I stay for the meal, even though I was a helper. Again I agreed and that's when I got more acquainted with Andrew. He was in town to help our church replace its broken stained-glass window. I thought he was a football player, he looked so fit.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

Sharon here. I'm a good organizer. That's my strength. And as a nurse, I think I'm compassionate. As for my greatest weakness, well I can be stubborn.

4. What scares you?

Not much. But I was scared of being arrested, let me tell you. And I don't like to be called a liar, either.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

This is something I'm working on. I'm trying to be more flexible. I had to be when I met Andrew.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

I'd say it was humming along. I wasn't giving it a whole lot of thought, but then I had to look deeply into my heart and realize what I wanted may not be what God wanted for me.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

A more mature Christian.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Oh this is important to me. We all work hard on things we think are important, but in the end, they count for nothing in God's eyes unless the work we do advances his kingdom on earth.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

I'd be a Strathbogie Mist, naturally. It's an usual dessert, and a romantic one. It is sweet, yet substantial. Kind of like me.

Thank you Janet and Ron for sharing Sharon with us today. I love Bed and Breakfasts, they're so romantic. Can't wait to read about Sharon's adventure helping her friend with the inn.

No comments: