Wednesday, September 9, 2009

ACFW 2009



by Debby Giusti

I’ll be flying to Denver in a week for the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference. While I’m excited about the workshops I’ll attend and the opportunity to hear the latest information from the various publishing professionals, the best part will be reconnecting with old friends.

The Steeple Hill authors are a close-knit supportive group I always look forward to seeing. Most of us keep in touch online throughout the year. Often we help one another when problems arise or when we need advice or encouragement.

Many of us consider our writing ministry as well as a profession so there’s a spirit of service and commitment in the group. We share like values and a common goal to provide uplifting stories for our readers. Working together with our editors, we’re dedicated to making Steeple Hill books the best they can be.

Yes, we’ll talk about our writing when we gather together, but we’ll also talk about how we can help writers seeking publication. We want to see everyone succeed. First sales are celebrated, and we always welcome new authors into our sisterhood with open arms.

If you’re targeting Steeple Hill and attending the ACFW conference, be sure to say hello! We love sharing suggestions on how to make your work shine, and we want to get to know you. Sit next to your favorite authors at lunch or in the various workshops, and even if this is your first conference, don’t be shy. We’re a friendly group and so are the other attendees. Hopefully by the end of the weekend, you’ll have a close group of friends who will support you throughout the year until we all reunite at next year’s conference.

Looking forward to seeing you in Denver!

Wishing you abundant blessings,
Debby Giusti
http://www.debbygiusti.com/
http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/

Watch for two great holiday stories this December in CHRISTMAS PERIL, featuring Merry Mayhem, by Margaret Daley, and Yule Die, by Debby Giusti.

6 comments:

Debby Giusti said...

Good morning, everyone!

I put on a pot of coffee and brought sweet rolls and bagels so grab something to eat and relax for a minute or two while you read the post.

Leave a comment so we can chat about your favorite subject. Maybe it's the upcoming conference, maybe it's your writing, maybe it's a good book you recently read. Whatever the topic, I'd like to hear from you!

Edna said...

About lunch time for me now and I just read the post. I enjoy the interviews, they make all the authors seems like personal friends.

mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Edna,
Glad to have you stop by. You're right, it's too late for breakfast now. I'll put out colas and sandwiches.

You said the interviews make the authors seem like friends. I feel the same way about the folks who leave a comment, especially when I see their photos. I know many folks don't want to leave a comment, but please know how much we appreciate hearing from you. It does bring us together no matter how far apart we live.

Have a wonderful day, Edna. You've made mine brighter!

Sandy Elzie said...

Hi Debby,

It's rather late to be commenting, but I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your post today. I currently write for Avalon (Family Friendly) but my goal is to someday break into Steeple Hill's ranks and get published by them.

Any suggestions? I know that's a general and very broad question, but other than reading the books they publish...which I've done, including yours...is there any other suggestions?

Thanks and have a fantastic and safe trip to Colorado.

Sandy Elzie

Margaret Daley said...

I can't wait to see you next week, Debby.

Linda said...

That's a pic of the MOA in MN! I was there! Met a lot of new authors.