Thursday, August 25, 2011

Do I have an idea? by Leann Harris


Okay, it's my turn to post. I've got to produce when I'm dead tired and don't have an idea on what to write about. A creative idea is no where to be found.

It happens. It happens when you have a contract due and you just have to put your backside in the chair and write. The words are painful. You think it stinks. It's garbage. Then there are those days when the words flow and that little voice in your head tells you this is the best stuff you've ever written.

You go back and do rewrites...and you can't tell the difference between the days if was garbage and the days it was gifted. It discouraging and encouraging. So what does that tell me? Ignore my feelings about my writing. Tell that little voice in my head to stuff it. I have to write.

What's the picture about? It's so hot and dry now, I just wanted a picture of when it was Spring.
Barbara, I'm jealous. It looks so nice where you are.

3 comments:

EllenToo said...

Maybe if you go out and have some fun and forget about writing for a couple of hours your muse with come back.

Leann Harris said...

Sounds like a good idea.

Debby Giusti said...

Bottom line, writing is work. Sometimes it's fun. Other times it's not. :)