Friday, August 12, 2011

A Technology Break

Hey there! Liz Johnson here. Back from vacation and plugged back into technology. You see, I took a break from technology last week.

My mom and sister and I just spent a week on Prince Edward Island, Canada--home of Anne of Green Gables. And I was unplugged the whole trip! No phone. No internet. No television. No twitter! Oh, my! For someone who practically lives on email, I thought I'd feel like I was missing my right arm. And I admit that the first day, I grabbed for my phone to check facebook, but it was turned off. So I stuffed it back into my purse. That was the last time I looked at it for a week.

Turns out that without my phone, I was free to phone I could revel in the beauty of the Gentle Island free from distraction. Without email I got to enjoy uninterupted conversation with two of my favorite people in the world. I got to focus on enjoying my vacation.

And when I had a book idea ... well, I had to hand write it! Shocking! I know.

I have to admit, it was one of the most enjoyable weeks, I've had in a long time. And I think being tech free was a big part of it.

Have you unplugged recently? How was your experience?

1 comment:

Dana Mentink said...

I think it's a great idea for everyone to have a techno break now and then. Technology has this way of removing us from the people/situations right in front of us, doesn't it?