Sunday, August 7, 2011

On Deadly Ground Interview

Today we're welcoming Rachel Patterson, the heroine of ON DEADLY GROUND, an August 2011 Love Inspired Suspense novel by Lauren Nichols.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
How did I get involved in this mess? Believe me, for a long time, I wondered the same thing. One moment, I was a young widow who owned a campground several miles outside the small town of Charity,Pennsylvania, and the next I was running for my life from my burning home. It took me a while to realize that the hooded figure I saw skulking around on my property one night wanted me dead!
2. So, during the book you met Jake Campbell. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
Jake's the tall, ruggedly good looking Wildlife Conservation Officer who'd recently transferred to the area, and I was instantly attracted to him. I hadn't dated since my husband David passed away, and to be honest, I didn't want to feel anything but friendship for Jake. David and I had loved each other deeply, and I was plagued by feelings of disloyalty. I'm not sure when I realized it was love; it kind of crept up on me. But looking back, how could I not fall for him? He's as wonderful on the inside as he is on the outside--strong and confident, caring and protective, totally committed to family and his job. Now he even attends church.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
That's a tough question. I guess I run my business pretty well, and according to Jake, I make a great cup of coffee. As for strengths, I think the only true strength I have is my faith in God who gives me courage when I need it, and helps me be the best daughter, friend--and now wife--that I'm able to be. As for weaknesses...I sometimes trust too easily, and that got me into trouble.
What scares you?
I didn't think anything could scare me other than losing someone I love--although friends seemed to think that I should be afraid to live alone in a wooded valley populated by coyotes, elk, bear and the occasional wildcat. Little did they know that I had less to fear from my four-legged neighbors than I did from a two-legged predator intent upon covering up a crime.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I were more courageous.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
My faith was strong. God and I had a great relationship.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
The same place--trusting and believing in God, and ready to accept His plan for me. Happily, He decided that I should be with Jake for the rest of my life.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
The scripture verse I chose is "The Lord is close to the broken hearted. He rescues those who are crushed in spirit." These lovely words applied to both Jake and me. When we first met, he'd just broken off his relationship with his unfaithful fiancée, and he was hurting. I was still missing David terribly. But thankfully, God brought the two of us together, and helped us heal.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
What I do and where I live pretty much makes me the all-American, girl-next-door type. There's nothing complicated about me. I'd probably be an apple pie.

2 comments:

Sheri Salatin said...

What fun! :) Thanks for sharing this interview. I love to read interviews from characters POV.

Anonymous said...

Hey there I am so delighted I found your blog, I really
found youu by accident, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like tto say thanks a lott for a
fantastic post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don’t have time to read through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it
and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome jo.



Also visit my blog - trials frontier cheat hack