Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's Hot by Leann Harris


Today was day 33 of the temperature being over 100. It was officially 108, shattering our old record. Our record of over 100 degrees days in a row is 40 and that was in 1980. I remember it actually got over a 110 that year, and you could tell the difference between 100 and 99.

Now in 1980 I had small children and was a lot younger. The heat was bad, but you went on with life. This time I'm not holding up as well as I did the last time. The only thing that brings a smile to my face is that on Sunday, I'm flying to Denver to spend a week in the mountains. I'm doing a happy dance.

I'd love to go back to Denver at the end of Sept and see the fall color, but I'll settle for a summer break.

5 comments:

Sheri Salatin said...

Ugh..The heat is bad all over the US right now. It's brutal. I'm hoping that you have A/C.

Leann Harris said...

You can't live in Texas with a/c. We've got it, but yesterday about 4:30, I was standing in the kitchen when the a/c kicked on and I felt nothing but hot air. I panicked and called my husband. As we were talking the air got cool. What a relief.

Pamela Tracy said...

In AZ, we get 108 when there's not a heat wave. We get 122 when there is.

Leann Harris said...

Pam, that's why I don't live in AZ.

Leann Harris said...

And my husband is a native Texan.