Sunday, August 22, 2010

Assignment:Bodyguard Interview

Today we're welcoming Katherine Barton, the heroine of Assignment: Bodyguard, by Lenora Worth, August 2010.


Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I was a happily married woman(or so I thought) then my husband, a Texas State Senator, died in a helicopter crash. After his death, I started getting strange phone calls and noticed someone had been in my office. My father, a high up member of the secret security organization known as CHAIM, hired a bodyguard to keep me safe. I don’t need a bodyguard, but my father can be pretty demanding at times.

2. So, during the book you met Shane Warwick. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Shane Warwick is British with a bit of Texas thrown in. His mother is British but his father was all Texan. My first impression of Shane was that he was handsome and such a gentleman, but I saw a spark of danger in his eyes. He’ll fight dirty if he has to. And I’m afraid he’ll willing fight for me, no matter what. My love for Shane grew with each passing moment. I felt safe with Shane. And he treated me like a lady, something even my deceased husband forgot to do at times.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? My strength lies in my need to help those who can’t help themselves. I’m the head of a charitable organization that goes all over the world to rebuild neighborhoods, build schools and offer medical supplies to those in need. My weakness—I don’t like feeling weak and I sure don’t like asking for help.

4. What scares you? Things I can’t control. And my feelings for Shane scare me because I can’t control the way he makes me feel.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d learn to listen to the people who want to help me.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
I have a very strong faith. I needed it to get through my husband’s betrayal and death.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Solid. Shane taught me that I can believe in him and I already knew I could trust in the Lord.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. “But they lie in wait for their own blood; they lurk secretly for their own lives. So are the ways of everyone who is greedy for gain; it takes away the life of its owners.” Proverbs 1:18 V 19.
This verse sums up all that happens to me in this story. Those around me, the people I trusted the most, betrayed me in the worse way—for their own gain. It took away their souls, but I didn’t let it rob me of mine.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Ice cream. Because sometimes I’m cold, but I can turn all mushy inside if I find a bit of warmth. Shane gave me that warmth. Now I’m ice cream with whipped cream on top.

Thank you Lenora for sharing Katherine with us today. This sounds like an exciting read!

No comments: