Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Where is the sidebar--Lenora Worth

The mising sidebar had me imagining all sorts of dire things. I forget where I put things all the time and sometimes when I'm looking for one thing, I find another. That can either be delightful or frightening, depending on what I find. Once my husband lost a prized gold pocket watch that had belonged to his grandfather. He was so upset and he suspected the man who helped us move might have taken it. For years he lamented the loss of that watch. When we moved again, however, he found the watch way down in the back of the refrigerator behind a vegetable bind! Mystery solved. It had fallen out of his pocket when he was moving the refrigerator.

Then time past and one day years later, we couldn't find the spare key to his truck. We looked in all the usual places and finally gave up. He kept asking me if I had put the keys in one of my purses. I told him no, and even checked all of my purses--no easy task! About a year later, I went to get a jacket out of the coat closet and reached in the pocket. And there were the keys. He said "I told you so." And I said, "But they weren't in my purse."

My daugther recently got a new phone and one day after she'd been to the beach, she couldn't find her phone. She went back out to the spot where she'd been and started searching. Then she saw a couple with a phone. When she explained she'd lost hers, they said they'd just tried to call the first number in the address book--my number! Since I live about 600 miles away, that was kind of funny. But hey, she found her phone. Andshe thanked the honest couple for trying to help.

I don't know where our sidebar went or why it is hiding, but I do know that there is a lot of "stuff" in the world. No wonder we have a hard time finding things. Okay, let's hear about some of the things you've lost!

5 comments:

Lynette Eason said...

LOL. Love the funny stories. I lost my Blackberry. As you can imagine, I was in quite a panic. But I KNEW it was in the house somewhere. And it was on ring, not vibrate. Should be easy enough to call, right? Think again. Guess what I learned that day? Cell phones won't ring if they're in the refrigerator. No lie.

Lynette

Lenora said...

Oh, that is funny. And good to remember. My pantry is right by the refrigerator and I've almost put the milk in the pantry!

Debby Giusti said...

I've lost lots of things.

Not long ago, I lost the battery charger for my NEW digital phone. Keep thinking I'll find it...but so far, it hasn't appeared. And I liked that camera so much.

Pamela Tracy said...

LOL, you're talking about tangible entities. Imagine looking for something that's not tangible, like the sidebar. Honestly, my next step is to hire a computer geek.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your books. I appreciate the Christian message of salvation that's tucked inside.
I am finding these books are getting expensive to keep up with monthly of Love Inspired & Love Inspired Suspense. Too bad you can't pick and choose... but then you miss out on a new author who's good! Keep up the good work!