Sunday, August 15, 2010

Silent Protector Interview

Today we're welcoming Liz Tate, the heroine of Silent Protector LIS by Barbara Phinney August 2010.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

Adventure? We were shot at, attacked, poisoned, all during a hurricane! Adventure is too mild a word for what happened to us.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

Well, my name is Liz Tate. I live in Maine and my sister’s young boy is simply the light of my life. So when he went missing, and the police wouldn’t help me, I was beside myself. Then when he called me late one night, I was able to figure out where the police had taken him. That’s pretty much how this ‘adventure’ started.

2. So, during the book you Ian MacNeal. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

When I first met Ian, I just wanted to throttle him. He’d taken my nephew and seemed to think he had the rights to do so. I was furious. And yet, he was a bit of a mystery. Here was a US Marshall and pastor all rolled into one. He was both but neither at the same time. I didn’t know what to make of him, let alone know I had started to fall for him. In fact, I don’t know if I can pinpoint the exact time I realized it. The whole notion of loving him and telling him made me feel so vulnerable, that it must have snuck up on me.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

I like to think I’m logical and tenacious. But my biggest weakness is thinking I’m not doing a good enough job. I’ve screwed up in the past and am so scared I’m going to again.

4. What scares you?

That would be losing my nephew Charlie. To have something happen to him, and to not do anything about it, would be devastating to me.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I’d like to be able to trust myself more. I think I’ve learned that throughout this so called adventure. I would love to have more confidence.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

My faith has always been strong, but I needed to learn that God is in control and I can do all things through Him.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

Ian really helped me with this. He knows his Bible and he knows his own weaknesses. I was so much stronger and was able to trust that God was guiding me.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
Charlie really taught both of us about God. Naturally, he’s just a little boy, and he made deals with God, but he simply trusted and believed and came to Him as a child, like we should. That’s why Mark 10:15 is so important to me.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

What an odd question! I would have to say, after being in southern Florida during the summer, I would want to be ice cream. Something creamy and yet fruity, like an orange sherbet. I’ve never been so hot in all my life!! And yet, here I am packing up to move down there to help Ian and that wonderful ministry he has started. Go figure!

Wow what an exciting story! Thank you Barbara for sharing Liz with us today.

No comments: