Sunday, August 8, 2010

Protective Custody Interview


Today we're welcoming Nicholas Floyd, the hero of Protective Custody, by Lynette Eason, released in August 2010. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. Apparently, I made some pretty powerful people mad. I’m a judge and refused to recuse myself from an important case that’s getting ready to go to trial. Because I don’t believe in giving in to threats, I need the Marshal services to protect me and my familiy.

2. So, during the book you met Carly Masterson. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? Carly is an amazing woman. I first met her two years ago before my wife was killed. She struck me as a very caring person, but she’s also stubborn and bull-headed. I knew it was love when I started seeing the more vulnerable side of her. As I learned more about what made her Carly, I started falling in love more every time I was around her—which was a lot considering she was one of the marshals assigned to protect my family.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? I’m stubborn, I have very strong convictions about what’s right and wrong. What is your greatest weakness? My greatest weakness would have to be my desire to be in control. I don’t like to be threatened and I refuse to give in—no matter the cost.

4. What scares you? Loving and losing. I’ve already lost two women who were very important to me. Loving and losing Carly would just about be the end of me. But I’m willing to chance it.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I can’t seem to relax anymore. Now that I’m raising two children, I need to learn to laugh more. Carly brings that out in me occasionally.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I’ve learned the hard way that God is who he says he is. My faith is strong, but throughout the adventure I had to really dig deep for every ounce of trust in me—especially after my nephew is kidnapped.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Stronger in it. God really showed up in a big way and I’m so grateful for his faithfulness.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. Psalm 27:5 – “For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.” I had to rely on that. We were hiding from the bad guys and it just seemed like they found us no matter where we went. God protected us through that and was faithful to keep us in his shelter.


9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?
Probably a chocolate brownie – nothing fancy, nothing complicated. Just straight up chocolate. I’m pretty much a “what you see is what you get” kind of guy. I like that about chocolate, too.

Wow, intriguing story. Thank you Lynette for sharing Nicholas with us.

3 comments:

Lynette Eason said...

Hey Terri, thanks for doing this interview with Nick!

Lynette

Pamela Tracy said...

Lynette,
It sounds like a wonderful book. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Lynette Eason said...

Thanks, Pamela. :)