Friday, August 13, 2010

The Swan Song of Summer

Ah the swan song of summer! Dana Mentink here, counting down the days until kids (and teachers) go back to the classroom. I’ve been perusing my summer reading materials and wondering if it is possible to tell a lot about a person by their reading tastes. After contemplating my list, I’ve decided that I’m the bee mentality, buzzing along to the nearest pretty flower without much rhyme or reason to my choices. I did stick with one author, the marvelous Janette Oke for a while, but most of my choices weren’t even in the same genre. How about you? Did you read anything this summer that was a bit out of the norm for you? Something new that surprised you? Do share.

Some of my summer list:
Love Comes Softly (prairie romance)
Love’s Enduring Promise (prairie romance)
Skullduggery (mystery)
Fit to Be Tied (inspy romance)
The Teen Whisperer (advice)
The Virginian (THE original western)
Erma Bombeck (humor)

1 comment:

Pamela Tracy said...

I just finished Elijah's Bones, which I found very much in the Indiana Jones flavor but with the Star Trek flair for killing off everyone but the primary cast. Right now I'm reading Brenda's latest cowboy LI and I just picked up Heather Graham's latest ghost story.