Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Battle Is Over...

I’ve made no secret, on this blog or others, that life’s been . . . well, troublesome the last year. I’ve been in a pretty in-depth fight with God, which I didn’t even realize until fairly lately.

When I mentioned this at church one night, one of my friends just grinned and said, “And how’s that going for you?”

Right.

So, what happens when you surrender?

For one thing, life changes. And sometimes those changes, which you didn’t want, turn out to be better than you can imagine.

To translate that into reality . . . I’m now the in-house fiction editor at Abingdon Press. This prompted other changes, other decisions, and the barriers began dropping away like rocks from a landslide. In about two weeks, my life has done a 180-degree turnaround.

I lost the battle.

But I won the war.

So why do we forget that God knows best? Ego? Whispers from the dark side? I can guess all day long, but for now my goal is to focus on what lies ahead, not what lies behind.

And sing a few praises along the way that God never lets go.

2 comments:

Tracy Krauss said...

So true. Very poignat post.

Lisa Mondello said...

Loved your post Ramona. I'm so glad you're on a clear path. And congratulations about Abingdon Press!