Friday, September 7, 2007

Amazing books!

Every once in a while I get a book in my hands that I can't put down. I love that. Especially if the book keeps me up until the wee hours of the morning (2:30 AM to be exact), making me sleep deprived.

There were a lot of things on my to do list yesteday that didn't get done because I sat down and started reading The Marriage Bed by Judith Arnold. From the opening page, I was sucked in and couldn't stop reading. The Marriage Bed was published by Harlequin Everlasting this past May but I just received a copy. I'm so glad I did. I've been a Judith Arnold fan since I read Barefoot in Grass years ago, but it's been a while since I've read one of her books and The Marriage Bed reminded me why I need seek Judith Arnold books out more often.

In The Marriage Bed, Joelle and Bobby D had been best friends their whole lives, got married, built a life together and raised a family. But when Joelle's Ivy League ex-boyfriend from high school comes back into their lives begging for help, the family they've raised and the love they've shared for 37 years begins to shatter. Judith Arnold creates sympathetic characters with a conflict that is compelling. The love story is beautiful, realistic and made me sad the story was over when I reached the end. If you can find a copy of The Marriage Bed, I highly recommend you read it.

Until next week, many blessings! Lisa

Crock Pot Recipe of the Week:

Corn Chowder
6 slices of bacon, diced
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cups diced potatoes
3 cans of cream style corn
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup water

In a skillet, saute bacon, onions and potatoes. Drain the pan drippings and put mixture into the crockpot with the other ingredients. Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Chowder is great with a salad and French bread. Enjoy!

No comments: