Wednesday, September 12, 2007

COUNTDOWN TO DEATH

Maybe I should have retitled this posting, especially since we're talking about recipes! No, COUNTDOWN TO DEATH has nothing to do with my cooking! I received a two-book contract from Steeple Hill on Friday for a medical lab series, something I've been wanting to write for a long, long time. COUNTDOWN will be the first title in the series and is scheduled to be in bookstores October 2008. Of course, I was thrilled. In fact, if you live in the Southeast, you probably heard me shout for joy!

I spent the weekend and all day Monday working on the Art Fact Sheet. That's the information the author provides the art and marketing departments on the book. It's an involved four-page document that requires a 300-word sysnopsis, scene descriptions and character sketches as well as other tidbits of information about the story. That's done and I'm ready to start writing. Of course, I wanted to let you know my good news first!

Hope your writing is going well. Lenora Worth and I are currently teaching an online course on writing for the inspirational market. Lenora is such a great novelist, and it's been a joy working with her. The class was offered by the Birmingham, AL, Southern Magic RWA chapter--a fantastic group of writers who make everyone feel welcome and right at home.

Today's recipe is complements of a dear friend of mine, Marilyn Hammond. She'll have a birthday soon . . . I'm not telling her age . . . and if you know Marilyn, give her a birthday hug for me!

CHOCOLATE PIE SUPREME
1 large Hershey bar with almonds
1 large size Kool Whip
Heat chocolate in double boiler until melted. Fold in Kool Whip and stir until all the chocolate is mixed in. (Don't keep it over the heat too long.) Pour into a baked pie crust and chill.

It's yummy and sure to please any chocolate lover!

Happy eating and happy reading!

Wishing you abundant blessings!
Debby

No comments: