Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Truth about Pamela's Cooking

I'm reading the third book in the Potluck series. At the beginning of each chapter is a recipe. I look at them and think, "I can do that."

Think and do are two different activities. I was single for a long, looooonnnnnggggg time. I've been going to church potlucks for that long.

Here's the recipe that helped me feel like I contributed at potlucks.

Buy a box of graham crackers. Buy a can of chocolate frosting. Break graham crackers into fourths (good news: graham crackers are perforated). Spread frosting on a fourth. Put another forth on top. You've just made an interesting cookie. Make cookies until frosting can is empty (No, you should not make one cookie, eat one cookie). Put them in the refrigerator. Take to potluck.

Kids will love you. Married women will talk about you. Single men won't notice you.

And, yes, the first time I served my soon-to-be husband meatloaf, someone else had prepared it for me (The preschool teacher actually turned pale when I mentioned I was cooking for my new boyfriend. After school, she showed up with a whole meal complete with microwave instructions. Thanks Wanda!). When he said, "You're a good cook." I nodded. I am a good cook. I make great sloppy joes!

No comments: