Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Moonlight and Magnolias Is Next!

I'm home from the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference, and it was wonderful! The board did an outstanding job coordinating the four day event, and our own Craftie Lady Cara Putman worked hard to ensure everyone had a great conference experience. Thanks, Cara, for all you do for ACFW!!!

So many of my fellow Steeple Hill authors were there, and Senior Editor Krista Stroever received the first Editor of the Year Award. Krista's fantastic and the award couldn't go to a better or more deserving person. Many of the Steeple Hill authors were finalists, and Book of the Year Awards went to Margaret Daley, Linda Goodnight and Colleen Coble. Congrats to all!

As I mentioned last week, seeing my Seeker friends was the highlight of the weekend. They're the most wonderful group of women. Eight of us attended the conference, and I spent lots of time visiting with Janet Dean, Camy Tang, Myra Johnson, Mary Conneally, Julie Lessman, Cheryl Wyatt (another ACFW Board member)and Carolyn Slaughter. Ladies, you made ACFW 07 even more special!

This Thursday, I'll head to the Georgia Romance Writers Moonlight and Magnolias Conference, which will be another opportunity to learn more about writing and the publishing industry. My agent Deidre Knight, Jennifer StGiles and I are giving a workshop entitled DRESS FOR SUCCESS: Finding the Perfect Agent Fit for Your Career. I hope those who attend will learn lots of good information to help them select an agent that's right for them.

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday and she requested an angel food cake. I thought you might like the recipe:

Angel Lush Cake
1 (4 oz) pkg Jello-O Vanilla Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding
1 can (20 0z) crushed pineapple, drained
1 can thawed Cool Whip Free
1 angel food cake

Mix pudding mix and pineapple. Gently stir in Cool Whip. Cut cake in 3 layers, and spread Cool Whip mix between each layer. Top with the mixture and refrigerate for at least an hour. Makes 10 servings, 120 calories each!

Wishing you abundant blessings!
Debby

No comments: