Monday, October 5, 2009

Craftie Ladies at ACFW conference


Above is a group picture of the Craftie Ladies of Suspense who attended ACFW conference in Denver a couple of weeks ago. From left to right are Dana Mentink, Carol Steward, Debby Giusti, Lenora Worth, Leann Harris and Pamela Tracy. Congratulations to Pamela for winning the Short Contempoary Suspense Book of the Year. Way to go!!

I had a blast touching base with everyone. We even went to dinner on Friday night with our editor over the suspense line at Steeple Hill--Tina James (pictured below with me.)

I don't know about you, but traveling wraps me out. I'm just starting to get rested after being gone for ten days around the conference. I went to a writer's retreat right after ACFW in the mountains where it snowed three of the days I was there. Beautiful. I came home and started getting things ready to begin my next book when my son needed me to baby-sit my six month old granddaughter. Two of my other granddaughters had swine flu, and we didn't want her expose to the flu. It is exhausting work keeping up with a six month old who commando crawls everywhere. And wouldn't you know it she decided Grandma's house was too exciting to sleep.

6 comments:

Lynette Eason said...

Oh wow, Margaret, I can't imagine keeping up with a six month old these days! And I do pray that the other two who have the swine flu are much better.

Wish I could have been at the conference with you. Definitely next year, though!

Hugs,
Lynette

Terri Reed said...

Stay healthy!
Love the photo of you and Tina.

Margaret Daley said...

Thanks, Lynette and Terri.
Margaret

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Margaret,
So good seeing you at ACFW!!! Don't know how you had the energy for the extended workshop/retreat you attended after ACFW. I was exhausted after the conference! But loved every minute, of course.

Just got back from Moonlight and Magnolias where I saw Lynette -- Hi, Lynette. Hope you got your computer problem fixed!!!

Lisa Mondello said...

I love seeing the pictures from ACFW. Maybe next year I'll be able to go. Stay healthy. And although the little ones have FAR more energy than we do, they keep us young. God bless you!

Edna said...

You all look so happy in the photo, you must have had a great time. May God bless all of you


mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net