Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rough Weeks and Distractions



Field of Danger has hit the reviewers’ desks, and the first responses have been really encouraging. I had my doubts about the book, mostly because it was set in a new location with all new characters.

The positive comments also encouraged me because this has been a tough month. I’ve struggled with finishing the next book and I’ve had a lot of personal issues, including a month-long migraine that has come in and out of my life like a bad penny. This week it’s been particularly bad, at a time when my daughter has been extremely ill.

Then today, a friend posted a verse from a new translation that Thomas Nelson has been working on, The Voice: Be still, be calm, see, and understand I am the True God. I am honored among all the nations. I am honored over all the earth. Psalm 46:10.

A good thing to remember in a bad week filled with distractions and earthly concerns. He is all. His help is all. His strength is all.

A reminder I desperately needed.

Focus. And remember to pray, calling on Him.

3 comments:

Project Journal said...

Ramona,
Your post is very timely for me. Those words are just what I needed. I, too, have had a headache constantly for the past 5 1/2 weeks now. It never leaves, just the strength varies. The doctors are concerned because I am only a senior in high school and they think it might be a migraine or tension headache type deal. They are sending me to the "Headache Clinic"! LOL! Who knew such a thing existed.

Anyway, nice post. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
Hannah
P.S. CANNOT wait for Field of Danger to come out!!!! It looks really good : )

Pamela Tracy said...

Ramona,
I hope your daughter's starting to feel better. I hate headaches. I've had more in the past year than in the previous thirty years!

Hannah,
I didn't even know there was a headache clinic. I'll bet my husband's photo is somewhere inside on a wall. He's what gives me a headache!

Project Journal said...

Lol Pamela! Yeah, we didn't know about it either : )

Ramona,
Thanks for becoming a Follower of my blog!! I LOVE when people come and visit at it. Makes blogging a bunch more fun : )
Thanks!
Hannah