Sunday, October 25, 2009

Double Take Interview


Today we're welcoming MacKenzie Jacobs, the heroine of Double Take, by Jenness Walker, October 2009. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.


1.Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

All I did was pose for a photo shoot on a whim. That’s it. I’m a teacher at a Christian school. A boring, background kind of person who likes to whittle. And somehow, like Alice In Wonderland, I was sucked into the middle of this mess.

2. So, during the book you met Cole Leighton. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

Cole has the scruffy good looks of a cute boy-next-door. Someone you can be comfortable with and you want to get to know better. First impression? Yeah, he was cute, but no thanks. I wasn’t even interested in being interested in anyone at that time. But after he saved my life…well, a woman’s allowed to change her mind. Falling in love was a gradual thing, but I knew it was real when he followed me to Kansas.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

I can whittle some pretty decent chess pieces, and my first graders seem to like me…or do they just like the animal crackers I bribe them with? Weaknesses…there are so many. Maybe my tendency to build walls? It leaves me lonely and isolated, which is never good.

4. What scares you?
Storms. Tornadoes. The dark. Alfred Hitchcock. Scary books. Love. What doesn’t scare me? 
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would be fearless. I hate the terror that sometimes paralyzes me.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

My faith was a bit shaky. I was questioning God, pretty sure I wasn’t even on His radar.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

Let’s just say I’ve come a long ways. I know He’s there, and more than that, He loves me. He’s always loved me.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
It’s Titus 3:5: Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us. Well, I needed saving. And so did Cole, come to think of it, and from more than just the bad guy. But there’s nothing we can do to earn salvation. It’s a gift, given in grace and mercy.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

Strawberries and Nutella. I don’t know why except I just had them and they tasted wonderful.  But Cole says to say because I’m sweet, surprising, no-fuss, addictive—okay, that’s enough already.

Yummy. This sounds like a delicious read. Can't wait! Thank you for sharing MacKenzie with us today.

8 comments:

Project Journal said...

Congrats on the book! I can't wait to read it : ) Sounds great!

I'm not sure who I should contact, so I'll post it here. I have the Craftie Ladies of Suspense Blog the One Lovely Blog Award at my blog(Project Journal)!

Come on over to accept it : ) Congrats!!
Hannah

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Jenesse! The story sounds great.

Hannah, good to see you at the Craftie Ladies' blog. Thanks for the One Lovely Blog Award!

Project Journal said...

No problem Debby! I LOVE this blog : )
Hannah

jenness said...

Thank you! And thanks for inviting Kenzie to chat. :-) Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

This book sounds great. Congrats on the book
tarenn98[at]yahoo[dot]com

Edna said...

The books ounds great always enjoy a little mystery and suspense


mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading the comments. I am always looking for new authors to read. I have added this name to my list
JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

Pamela Tracy said...

Jenesse,
We're so glad to have you hear. You book sounds wonderful.