Friday, March 11, 2011

Daffodils and Crocuses...and Prayers for Japan from Lisa Mondello


It's been a long, cold and snowy winter and the walls are starting to close in on me. Do you know what I'm talking about? We've had so much snow in New England that I thought I was going to have to permanently wear sunglasses to protect my eyes from the sun's glare off the snow. But all that is washing away...and I mean WASHING away. I live pretty high on a hill and with all the newly melted snow and rain (thank goodness it's rain and not more snow) there is a river running down my street. It's truly a mess.

BUT...and here is my silver lining...I can finally see the ground in parts of my yard. The newly melted snow has given way to the big reveal of crocuses and daffodils popping up out of the ground. It always puts a smile on my face when I see these beautiful little nubs of green. It means that pretty soon I can throw open all my windows and breath some fresh spring air in the house. I can get outside and clean up the mess winter has made in the yard. And it means that summer is on it's way!

You can tell I've been cooped up in my house too long, huh? I've got serious cabin fever and am ready to break out of these four walls. How about you? Do you have spring fever? I couldn't possibly be the only one. Let me know what you're doing to prepare for spring.

Changing subjects, I'm sure you've seen the news of massive earthquake in Japan. I just want to take a moment to offer prayers to everyone affected and my hopes that the coming tsunamis are not devastating to those involved.

Many blessings to all, Lisa Mondello

http://www.lisamondello.blogspot.com
In a Doctor's Arms is on the bookstores shelf RIGHT NOW!

2 comments:

Margaret Daley said...

I'm praying for Japan. Just heard about the earthquake.

Lisa Mondello said...

Yes, me, too, Margaret. And while I'd hoped that the devastation wouldn't be too bad, I'm reading that it really is. Japan and the surrounding areas affected really do need our prayers and help.