Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mission:Operation Out of Control Interview

Today we're welcoming Brody Wickham, Mission: Operation Out of Control, by Susan May Warren, March LIS.

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I’m not sure who to blame it on – my kid sister for wanting to attend the Vonya concert, or crazy Vonya for launching herself offstage and nearly being trampled, or her Senator father for deciding she needed a bodyguard for her tour to Europe (agreed), or myself for saying yes

2. So, during the book you met Vonya, the rock star. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

She was nuts. Seriously. Did I mention that she was wearing black leather, a peacock mask, and a garish pink wig and she launched herself into a mosh pit, just hoping her fans would catch her? I should have rn from the room screaming. Instead I had to plow through the pile and find her. I probably need therapy.

As for love.

Okay, so she was nothing like the woman she portrayed on stage. She is quiet and kind and generous and…I think I fell in love with her that night when she was nearly killed in Prague, when she landed back in my arms…this time just as plain old Ronnie, scared and really needed a bodyguard. .

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

I’m steady and not easily swayed by emotions. Except, however, when I am – and then I can too easily blame myself when things go south.

3. What scares you?

Not being prepared.

4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would like to more easily forgive myself for my mistakes.

5. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

I am pretty sure that God has turned his back on me – after all, I killed someone. A kid. Let’s not go there.

6. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

I can live with the forgiveness God has offered me, and forgive myself. I can let myself start over.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

We often spend our lives trying to “prove” our worth to God. It’s too late – he already approved of us enough to die in our place, to set us free. All we have to do is accept that and embrace grace.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

French Silk pie. Because it’s my favorite. J

2 comments:

Dana Mentink said...

Can't wait to read this one!

Lynette Eason said...

Cool interview! Loved your story set in Georgia, too. I have a cousin who lives there and when I told her aobut it, she had to download it to her kindle immediately! Can't wait to read this one, too. I've been to Prague so it will be exciting to revisit through your story. God Bless, Lynette