Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why we love Special Agent in Charge Jethro Gibbs--Lenora Worth

Do you watch NCIS? It's a show on CBS that stars Mark Harmon as Special Agent In Charge Jethro Gibbs. NCIS is the Navy Criminal Investigation Service and Gibbs runs the show. He has a loyal team and director who is always breathing down his neck. Gibbs is the kind of guy you want on your side. He's gone to the ends of the earth to help his team and those he cares about. He's been married several times, but he never talks about his personal life. He has a tormented soul because a bad guy killed his first wife and their daughter. He likes women, but he doesn't like to admit that he's lonely and tormented. He has a definite commitment problem.

But oh, how we love him. He believes in his team and has a special place in his heart for Abby--the girl in the basement who is a computer whiz and can find any evidence to help Gibbs solve the case. Gibbs is the kind of hero that we all want to write about. He skips the fancy events but shows up for the down and dirty fights. He hates publicity but goes after the top dogs and brings them down. Gibbs makes us feel safe in a world that we know is never really safe. And isnt' that what a true hero is all about?

But as I said, Gibbs doesn't like to be in the spotlight. I had written this entire blog and went in search of a picture of Gibbs. My laptop literally locked up and I lost that post. I tried again to download a photo of the handsome, tormented Special Agent on yet another laptop. Again, it locked up and I almost lost this post. Okay, Gibbs, I get it. No photos! I told y'all the man was hard to pin down.

But I love him anyway. What do you love about Gibbs?

7 comments:

Ramona Richards said...

I adore his relationship with Abby, as if she were the daughter he lost. And that wounded warrior he hides so well, except for just the right glimpses so we don't want to smack him as often. I love the way the writers have developed his character over the entire series, continuing to layer him so that he doesn't get "stale" after all these years (which is one thing that makes shows "jump the shark"). And more, but I'll hush now...

Leann Harris said...

I loved last night's program. One of his ex-wives was married to the FBI guy he works with. That's great.

Cara Putman said...

I love this show... and Gibbs is the best part. they've got great chemistry between the characters.

Lenora said...

I see we're all in agreement about Gibbs. Last night was great. Instead of going to his ex-wife's third wedding, he went to his workshop and did wood carvings. He also builds boats down there and no one can ever figure out how he gets the boats out of there. A fascinating man, for sure. And one of the few "older" heroes on television. When I'm in a bad mood, I just find the NCIS marathons on USA and grab some chocolater. That makes it all better.

Lenora said...

Chocolater?? That's my word for more chocolate, I reckon!!!!

Ramona Richards said...

I always figured that the boats were an outlet that he UNbuilds as soon as he's done. And 'chocolater' sounds like a good name for an afternoon break in which you indulge. As in, "I'll take a chocolater around three. I got some new truffles for my b'day."

Lenora said...

Funny,Ramona. I agree that Gibbs could be un-building those boats. And he's so cute, drinking out of those nuts and bolts jars.