Friday, March 4, 2011

Greetings from Dallas

Hello, all! Liz Johnson here. Coming to you live from Dallas! Yup. That's right. I'm on the road and enjoying a day in Dallas. Well, to be fair, I'm actually only in the great state of Texas for about 19.5 hours, but I wanted to share my experience with you.

Actually, I've had a terrible time deciding what to write about for this blog this week. You see, I was going to share with you pictures of my brand new book, Code of Justice, on store shelves. It officially released on March 1, and I was so eager to see it in stores that I headed off to Walmart on a special trip just to see my new book, camera in hand.

And when I got there? There were four beautiful Love Inspired Suspense covers ... none of them mine. They were all February releases.

While I'm happy to report that they all appeared to have sold several, my personal plans were thwarted.

So what did I do? I went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries and had a big, greasy cheeseburger and plotted my next trip to Walmart. Has this happened to you? Looking for a book that you expect to be there but isn't? Do you respond with cheeseburgers, too? Or do you have a better coping mechanism? Here's hoping I'll have pictures to share next time!

3 comments:

Pamela Tracy said...

Yes, and then I always worry. I do know that there's a cycle and that usually our books don't appear on March 1st, but, like you, I want them to!

Leann Harris said...

Liz, enjoy driving through Texas. If you do the drive in a month's time, the bluebonnets will be out in all their glory.

Liz Johnson said...

Leann, I wish I could see those bluebonnets. Maybe I'll have to make another trip out to your lovely state. :)

Pamela, good to know I'm not alone in hunting for our books. :)