Monday, March 21, 2011

Last Weekend


Pamela Tracy here, and I'm the one sitting down. Susan Cummins is standing up. She's a mystery writer I just met.
Last weekend I had the pleasure of working at the Tucson Festival of Books. Great fun. I headed up Friday after work (Honey, have fun with the small being who looks and acts just like you!) I arrived a little after six. My first adventure was at a restaurant. I joined the wonderful ladies who belong to the Romance Writers of America Tucson chapter. Plus, almost everyone had brought guests. I sat next to a prepublished author who was so excited about the books in her future. I remember feeling that way. I sat across from Patti Knoll (a great writer) and Deb Werksman (editor at Sourcebooks). After dinner, I spent the night with Roz Denny Fox (SuperRomance author) and fell asleep while she and Carrie Weaver (another Super author) gabbed. My best friend, American author Cathy McDavid was asleep when we finally got home. Hmm, guess I am getting old.
Saturday I headed for the Festival and found the room where I'd been speaking. This year they teamed me up with Judy Duarte. We spoke on characterization. It was the biggest audience I've (okay, we've) had. 61 people! After the talk, I explore the expo, had lunch, and then went to the Sisters in Crime booth. I joined Sisters in Crime just three months ago, and boy am I glad I did. I sat in their booth for an hour and sold six books. Color me happy. Then, I explored some more (and purchased really neat nightshirts that have bookish sayings on them.)
Saturday evening a bunch of us ate at the Claim Jumper. I'm between Roz and Patti.
Sunday I attended workshops. My favorite was a true crime panel that featured the author who investigated Chandra Levy's murder. I also attended one called "Kill All the Lawyers." Funny thing, it was full.
Sunday afternoon I headed home and greeted my husband who asked, "Have fun?"
Oh, yeah.

5 comments:

Dana Mentink said...

Sounds like a great time!

Sandra Leesmith said...

Hi Pamela, I posted about the Festival today also on Seekerville. Debby Guisti pointed me over here. Fun time. Sorry I didn't see much of you. Another time.

Pamela Tracy said...

Dana,
It was a great time. BTW, do you have a new do?

Pamela Tracy said...

Sandra,
I know. It was crazy. I arrived last for the restaurant. Saturday was jam packed. Sunday wasn't long enough. I need to head over to Seekerville.

MirandaN said...

Hello nicee blog