Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Giving back!



By Debby Giusti

Do you believe in coincidences? I don’t. I believe in God-incidences. That’s when the Lord arranges things to happen that seem like happenstance but really are part of His Divine Plan.

Maybe I’m reading too much into the recent invitations I’ve received. One is to judge a young adult oratory competition the Optimist Club is hosting this Sunday. The other is to speak to special education students about the writing life. Both of my “appearances” occur within a 48 hour timeframe and both involve youth in my local area.

Coincidence or God-incidence?

Either way, I’m able to give back to my community, as well as interact with some great kids. I’m looking forward to both events and am grateful the organizers asked me to participate. Maybe I’ll meet an interesting character to include in one of my stories. Maybe I’ll learn something I didn’t previously know. Maybe I’ll just enjoy my time away from the computer.

What’s on your calendar?

Wishing you abundant blessings,

Debby Giusti
http://www.debbygiusti.com/
http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/
THE OFFICER’S SECRET, book one in my new Military Investigations series, will be released in May and is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com.

3 comments:

Lynette Eason said...

Hey Debby, those sound like amazing opportunities! So happy for you. I'm sad to say I haven't done much giving back to the community lately. I think most of my giving back has been to the writing community. Teaching at conferences, critiquing a friend's manuscript, etc. Maybe I need to broaden my horizons a bit and see what else I can give back. :) Thanks for sharing!
Lynette

Lynette Eason said...

I meant to add that your cover is gorgeous. Can't wait to read the story!

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Lynette,

You've got a busy schedule with the wonderful books you write! Read your first suspense from Revel and LOVED it!!! So, so good! Congrats.