Sunday, March 6, 2011

Face of Danger Interview

Today we're welcoming Paige Bryant, the heroine of FACE OF DANGER, Texas Ranger Justice series, book #3, by Valerie Hansen, March 2011. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. I’ve been an artist all my life, I guess. Now that I’m an adult I use my talent to give faces and identities to victims of crimes who might otherwise never find the justice they deserve. 2. So, during the book you met Ranger Cade Jarvis. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love? That stubborn, bossy man is enough to drive any woman crazy. Yes, he’s good-looking but he sure can be hard to get along with. Of course I had to cut him some slack because I knew he was trying to track down the murderer of his boss, a well-loved senior Texas Ranger.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness? I like to think I’m sensible – and I usually am – unless it comes to insisting I know what’s right. Cade and I butted heads all the time over protocol and his hard-headed insistence that we had to do everything his way. My weakness? I suppose that would be the feelings of loss that I still grapple with over the loss of my baby sister, Amy, many years ago. I keep thinking that if only I’d been older when she was kidnapped, I’d have been able to save her.
4. What scares you? Every time the Rangers give me the skeleton of a child to work on, to recreate the face for, I wonder if it’s going to be Amy’s. There are times when I’m almost afraid to start. Then I remember what it was like to wait and wonder and I know I have to do all within my power to help others find closure and peace. 5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I sometimes wish I were more outgoing, but given what’s been happening between me and Cade, it’s probably just as well that I’m a little shy. 6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I’m struggling, wondering if I’ve really done enough and asking God why I’m able to give other people peace when I haven’t found it for myself.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? I’m able to see that just because I’m a believer and a faithful Christian, that’s no guarantee my life will be nothing but roses. My trials and struggles have made me what I am, led me to use my artistic talent for the good of mankind, and I can see that I might have drifted off in another direction if I hadn’t experienced personal loss.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant. Isaiah 58:9 “You will call and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help and He will say, ‘Here I am.’” Really, that verse tell me that God hears my prayers, even when I don’t think He does. Like my childish pleas when Amy was kidnapped. Because He didn’t bring her back I used to tell myself that God hadn’t answered – but He had. He had said no, then given me a way to reach out and bless others who were also grieving. 9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? A dessert? Me? Well, considering my background as an artist, it would have to be beautifully done. How about a delicate cake with real flowers as decorations? So, when can I expect it to be delivered?????

1 comment:

Valerie Hansen said...

Just Val checking in to see if anyone had any comments or questions. Since I don't see any, I guess I'll just assume I'm PERFECT. Yeah, right. :)

Blessings,
Val