Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Birthdays-How do you celebrate?

Terri Reed here and yesterday was my birthday. My husband and I went away for the weekend to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary, which was May 28th-we've been married 23 years. We didn't travel far, just up the mountain to Hood River where we stayed at the beautiful, historic Hood River Hotel. It was 1st Friday, which means the town was hopping as all the stores stayed open late and venders and musicians lined the street. We had a wonderful dinner at a Japanese Restaurant and then walked around town. Saturday we went for a hike along Eagle Creek trail. Saw spectacular views, waterfalls and flora. It was as rare sunny day here in Oregon.
Then we danced the night away at a friends party. It was a beautiful weekend. And yesterday my family took me to PF Chang's for dinner.
How do you celebrate your birthday?
Coming in July the first book in my new series, The Innocent Witness.

4 comments:

Valri said...

Hi Terri! Happy Birthday! I bet Hood River is pretty this time of year. I live about 45 miles west of Portland so we usually go to the coast for any getaway time. My birthday is on Valentine's Day so there is always a crowd of couples doing something romantic! Most times we celebrate on a different day so we can avoid that! However, growing up, my mom always had a "red & white & hearts birthday party" with lots of fun homemade games for me & my friends that was awesome! Thanks for sharing! Valri

Leann Harris said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary.

Terri Reed said...

Valri, how fun to have a themed birthday. I love the coast. We go that direction often too. Hood River was absolutely beautiful. All green and lush after all the rain we've had this year. Though there was still a lot of snow on Mount Hood in the distance. When that melts I think the Columbia might flood. It was very high already.

Terri Reed said...

Thank you Leann. We have birthdays and anniversary all with in a three month window. One kids birthday is in May and the other July, while both hubby and me have June birthdays. I always gain a bit of weight from all the birthday/anniversary fun.